1. Principles of domain name registration .VN
Registered domain names must comply with the provisions of Circular No. 24/2015/TT-BTTTT dated August 18, 2015 and Circular No. 06/2019/TT-BTTTT dated July 19, 2019 of the Ministry of Information and Communications. Information on management and use of Internet resources.
* According to the provisions of Clause 7 Article 5 of Circular No. 24/2015/TT-BTTTT, an unsigned domain name is an ASCII code domain name, in which the characters that make up the domain name are the characters specified in the ASCII code table, including unsigned domain names under the domain name “.vn”.
* Article 6 of Circular No. 24/2015/TT-BTTTT and an additional Article 1 of Circular No. 06/2019/TT-BTTTT stipulate as follows:
1.1. Domain name registration “.vn” is carried out on the principle of equality, non-discrimination
Domain name registration “.vn” is carried out on the principle of equality, non-discrimination, first registration is entitled to use first, except for domain names that are prioritized for protection as prescribed in Clause 1 of this Article. Article 8 of the Circular and the domain names reserved for auction according to the regulations of the Ministry of Information and Communications.
Domain names subject to priority protection are domain names “.vn” related to national sovereignty, interests and security, including:
a/ Domain names are names of important geographical areas in the border area, names of islands, archipelagos, names of seas and waters of Vietnam;
b/ Domain names are the names of places in Vietnam that have been recognized by UNESCO as world cultural heritages;
c/ Domain name is the name of Party organizations, state agencies, socio-political organizations (Vietnam Fatherland Front; Vietnam Trade Union; Vietnam Farmers’ Union; Ho Communist Youth Union of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam). Ho Chi Minh City; Vietnam Women’s Union; Vietnam Veterans Association…;
d/ Domain names related to the country’s security, defense and diplomatic activities;
e/ Other domain names that need to be protected according to the regulations of the Ministry of Information and Communications);
Domain names are reserved for auction according to regulations of the Ministry of Information and Communications.
1.2. Registered domain names must comply with the regulations on the structure of domain names divided by each field of activity
Unsigned level 2 domain name for private use, not classified by field;
Unsigned second-level domain names are classified by field, including:
.COM.VN is for organizations and individuals involved in business and commercial activities;
.BIZ.VN is for organizations and individuals involved in business and commercial activities (equivalent to the domain name COM.VN);
.EDU.VN is for organizations and individuals involved in activities in the field of education and training;
.GOV.VN for central and local state agencies;
.NET.VN is for organizations and individuals involved in the establishment and provision of online services;
.ORG.VN is for organizations operating in the fields of politics, culture and society;
.INT.VN for international organizations;
.AC.VN is for organizations and individuals involved in research activities;
.PRO.VN is for organizations and individuals involved in activities in highly specialized fields;
.INFO.VN is for organizations and individuals involved in activities in the field of information production, distribution and provision;
.HEALTH.VN is for organizations and individuals involved in activities in the field of pharmacy and health;
.NAME.VN is for organizations and individuals to register under names such as full names, abbreviations, trade names, aliases… of organizations and individuals.
1.3. Domain names are selected by organizations or individuals for registration, but must meet the following requirements
a) There are no phrases that infringe upon the sovereignty, interests, national security or violate social ethics, fine customs and traditions of the nation;
b) Clear, serious, not misleading or distorting due to polyphony, polysemantic or when not using accents in Vietnamese;
c) There is at least one or a sequence of characters under the top-level domain name “.vn”;
d) May contain characters from a to z; 0 to 9; Vietnamese characters in the Vietnamese alphabet and all characters accepted by the domain name server system on the network. These characters are not case-sensitive;
dd) May contain a hyphen “-” but must not start or end with this character and must not have two consecutive hyphens “-” in the domain name;
e) At each level, not more than 63 characters (for Vietnamese domain names, the number of characters is calculated according to the length after converting to an ASCII unsigned string);
f) It is not a domain name with phrases that are easily misinterpreted as a general website or a social network if the registrant is not the subject of a license to set up a general website. License to establish social network in accordance with the law. If the domain name registrant operates an e-commerce site or a social network, the subject commits to be eligible to be licensed for a social network or a general e-commerce site.
g) For domain names under “name.vn” for organizations and individuals registered under names such as full names, abbreviations, trade names, alias names, etc. of organizations and individuals.
* In addition, agencies and organizations related to protected domain names specified in Clause 1, Article 8 of Circular No. 24/2015/TT-BTTTT are responsible for registration and reservation of domain name protection with the Ministry. Information and Communication (VNNIC). Agencies, organizations and individuals not related to the protected domain name may not register the protected domain name.
2. Responsibilities of domain name registrants
2.1. Declare domain information
The subject needs to supplement the registration dossier within 07 days (via online / in person at NDK / delivery). In case of exceeding the prescribed time limit without receiving a new registration dossier of the subject’s domain name, the Registrar shall temporarily lock the domain name without refunding the fee.
2.2. Change domain information
When changing the name of an agency or organization or contact information such as contact address, telephone, fax, email box, people’s identity card, the agency, organization or individual must must immediately notify the Registrar to update the system to ensure accurate information. The Registrar cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from the domain name holder’s failure to comply with this provision.
According to the principle of renaming the domain name subject (refer to Point 6, Article 10 of Circular No. 24/2015/TT-BTTTT and amended and supplemented at Point b, Clause 4, Article 1 of Circular No. 06/2019/TT-BTTTT):
Cases that allow renaming the subject include:
- The organization is requested to change its name according to the decision of the competent authority
- Merger, consolidation or change of functions and tasks of agencies or organizations under decisions of competent state agencies that lead to changes in the right to use domain names
- Reorganization of the business in accordance with the Law on Enterprises, which leads to a change in the right to use domain names
- Individuals who change their full name and surname according to a decision of a competent state agency
Cases in which the subject’s name cannot be changed
- The domain name is in the process of handling a dispute
- Expired domain name
- Domain name being handled for violation
- The domain name is in the waiting state to switch the Registrar
- Domain name is pending revocation
2.3. Manage and use domain names in accordance with the law
The domain name registrant must be fully responsible before the law for the purpose of use and the accuracy of the information provided, to ensure the registration and use of the domain name in accordance with regulations, without infringing upon the rights of the domain name registrant. lawful interests of other organizations and individuals.
The registrant using the domain name is responsible for any violation of the use of its domain name caused by lax management.
2.4. Pay new registration and renewal fee
Newly registered domain names must be paid in full the registration fee (collected only once) and domain name maintenance fee (collected annually, at least 01 year, recommended for many years) as soon as the application is submitted. . Until the payment of fees and charges has been completed, the domain name will not be registered.
The domain name registrant must actively monitor information on the operation status and validity period of the registered domain names, and must actively coordinate in completing the procedures for signing the domain name renewal contract and paying fees. maintained before 10 days from the date the domain name expires. The domain name maintenance fee can be paid once for many years or annually.
When paying the maintenance fee, the owner of domain must provide the information below:
- Name of the domain name owner
- Domains that need to be renewed
- Renewal years for each domain name
- and comply with the payment instructions of VinaHost Registrar mentioned at https://vinahost.vn/en/thanh-toan
VinaHost cannot and will not be liable and indemnify for any loss or damage arising from the domain name owner’s failure to comply with this payment provision.
3. Dispute domain name
All disputes related problem of domain names, we will handle according to the regulations of the Vietnam Internet Network Information Center (VNNIC).
Pursuant to Article 76 – Law on Digital Information Technology; Article 16 – Decree No. 72/2013/ND-CP dated 15/07/2013 of the Government on the management, provision and use of Internet services and information on the network, specifically stipulating forms of solution Resolve the dispute over the Vietnamese national domain name “.vn” as follows:
Negotiation and reconciliation
The parties may conduct mediation before or during the proceedings. Mediation procedures before or during legal proceedings shall be carried out in accordance with the provisions of law.
In case the parties can reach an agreement on the settlement of the dispute, the parties must make a Minutes of successful conciliation in accordance with the law and this Minute must be sent to the relevant domain name registrar “.vn”. authority or VNNIC as a basis for handling disputed domain names.
The parties can choose arbitration to resolve domain name disputes arising in commercial activities. Procedures for settling domain name disputes arising in commercial activities at arbitration centers shall comply with the provisions of law.
The parties can request the competent people’s court to settle domain name disputes in civil relations and commercial activities. Procedures for settling domain name disputes in civil relations or commercial activities at people’s courts shall comply with the provisions of law.
During the dispute settlement process, VNNIC or the Domain Name Registrar shall maintain the status quo of registration and use of domain names based on the written request of competent agencies and organizations on dispute settlement. according to regulations of the Law.
In case there is a written request from the disputing parties to keep the status quo of domain names, VNNIC will consider and settle them in accordance with the law.
In case the minutes of conciliation are successful; the arbitral award has entered into force; a legally effective court judgment or decision stating that the disputed domain name is revoked and allowed to be used by the plaintiff, the plaintiff shall be given priority to register within 15 (fifteen) working days. , from the date on which the minutes, decisions or judgments take legal effect. At the end of this period, the domain name will be freely registered.
4. Lifecycle of .VN domain name
- Available: The domain name is not registered. Individuals and organizations can register domain names.
- Registered: The domain name has been registered by an individual or organization. After 60 days from the date the domain name is activated, you can transfer the domain name to another registrar.
- Renewal: The domain name must be maintained for a minimum of 1 year from the date of registration. When the domain name expires, the owner can renew the domain name within 25 days.
- Redemption Period: Within 25 days from expiration, the domain name is suspended.
- Pending Deletion: After 25 days of Redemption Period, the domain name is in Pending Deletion (within 15 days). The owner cannot renew the domain name. The domain name was revoked and returned to the Available state.
If the domain name cannot be registered because it is owned by an individual, another entity / Reserved domain name or a Premium domain name, VinaHost will refund 100% of the domain name registration fee to you.